143 Days - Holy Fuck (Vol.1)

1st April, 2014
I’m sitting at the California airport. I hate airports. All of them.
Where the hell am I going. To Australia. Why am I going to Oz. Because it is crazy to go to Oz & I’m crazy. Why are you crazy. Because I’ve lied to everyone in my family. They all think I’m in Washington D.C., in court. I’m a goddamn lawyer you see. And a bloody good one. But that’s not the point. And that’s not why it is crazy to fly to Australia.
Here’s why. I’m getting buried (married) in 3 days. And I’m freaking out. My dictator father asked me to marry her a month ago. I said “ok”. Just like that. I said ok and I asked nothing. Not even a damn photograph. I warned ya I’m crazy. But I still haven’t told ya why it is crazy to go to Australia.
Nine-goddamn-years-ago I was there. At Monash University. Lived at Farrer Hall, on campus. I was there for 143 days. In those 143 days I lived my life. I didn’t know it then. I know now.
In those 143 days I came alive.
And somewhere in there I fell in love with this girl. And bloody hell she killed me {in a good way}. She gave me wings. She taught me to fly. She……………made me come alive.
Yes, you guessed it right. We aren’t together anymore. Hell, I haven’t a clue where she is. Certainly not in Australia.
I know it makes absolutely no sense to fly to Oz. But hey!............I’ve got 3 days of freedom & my heart wants me to return to the place that made me believe in love.
And who the hell am I to argue with Heart. So, I’m all set. Ready to roll the clock back.
Hey! What on earth are you waiting for. I’m taking you along. And I’m gonna tell ya one hell of a story.
Yeah, before I completely forget to tell ya. ‘I believe in miracles’
“If we stopped believing in miracles” she had once said. “Then what’s the point anyway”. Then she kissed me.

Comments

  1. This is the first chapter of my 3rd Book. More to come soon. I'm writing it all on paper this time. It will be a pain to write by hand but this book deserves it. Tentative completion date: June 3rd, 2014 {my 33rd birthday}.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why are Indians Super Dumb?

Sherlyn Chopra -- Koffee with Karan

Is Oppenheimer Christopher Nolan’s Greatest Film?