Piano Man

The past two weeks, I’ve been hypnotized by the diss tracks of the lad who wrote Stan
On Tuesday, it was time for a change; to move from slim shady to The Piano Man
After being blown away by rappers’ beef’s razzmatazz, 
I was about to dive into soul-piercing blues & jazz

In this alternate journey, I was to join three Gen-Z tech-slaves at 8.oh.Five
But for these dolts arriving on time is a monstrous crime
Their running late would usually get me all riled
but I already had something bigger on my mind

While on my way to the venue of live performance 
I got a message about my former school that left me in distress
I snapped out of it as I got outta Metro and climbed up the stairs
Instead of waiting for the trio, I decided to walk the distance
I met them morons at the venue’s threshold with customary hugs
All three were out to impress in birthday Ts, pretty dresses & blue-green tresses

The usual three stooges were now fab four
Even I was curious to find out what was in store
There was still a long time before Krishna Vinod hit the floor
In those 1.oh.1 minutes, I bored the fuck outta number four
Once the gig began, I got so into it that I must have looked stoned
Eventually, like all good things, the fiesta ended, and the place fell cold
The night’s next chapter was about to unfold 
with NitWit, Narci & Nazi
Freakily two of them are yet to get rid of their virginity
Narci, the wonder-kid, is a pain in the ass but also absolu amour
Nazi is a nice soul and also an early onset Alzheimer’s bimbo
NitWit is stupid & broke but under his boobs his heart’s precious than Louis Vuitton
And I, the boring troll, am a baptized lifelong asshole

Trains were dead for the night, so we cabbed to Hudson Lane
Instead of settling into our beds, we settled our asses at Cake Bake Shake
Chatting away as we gulped dowm crepes & pan cakes
People my age live for the month-end when we get paid
But I live for days like these coz they feel more magical than getting laid

I resumed my banter with the Chennai chic who doesn’t know Hindi 
I threatened to wrap her in a shipping bag & sell her to the Saudis
After I get her lit up on L.I.I.Teas
Even better, carve a permanent Swastik tattoo across her chin
And FedEx her to Munich & Tel Aviv 
If she gets lynched after getting mistaken for an anti-semitic,
the world will be better off with one less virgin
Then I will move on to my plan to get rid of NitWit
By tying him naked to a tree after getting him wasted on Tonic & Gin
oh you, Narci, don’t even think you are escaping my evil
On second thoughts, to you, your life's already been a prick
At nineteen you've felt a grand total of one boy's joystick
Ha!

When the clock hit three, we got up from our seats
Rolled back to our homes to be tucked under the sheets
If it's written in the pages of the destiny
There will be a repeat of this bonhomie 
If not, this night will live on etched in our memories
Well, may be not so much for the girl with Alzheimer's disease

Day after, Pragsy sent me two pictures
For once, reflexively I didn’t show the phone-screen my middle finger
Something about those selfies wasn’t frivolous
They stirred me, they were a little visceral

People ask me why I write
Because it's beautiful as ice raining from the skies
The moment I got done with this poem’s rhymes
Some of the moments of last night got immortalized
When you turds re-visit & read these lines years later, the dead moments will come alive

Whatever troubles we have in our lives
If we have someone to love, our heart knows everything’s gonna be alright
So, go on, hop on life’s car and make the most of the ephemeral ride

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are Indians Super Dumb?

Sherlyn Chopra -- Koffee with Karan

Is Oppenheimer Christopher Nolan’s Greatest Film?