You & I {Love Poem}


You & I, born in generations divided by million miles

You & I crossing paths, an unexpected beautiful surprise


You & I, met & gazed into each others’ eyes

You & I, felt each others’ hair & heartbeat rise


You & I, shared sketches & stories before we kissed  

You & I, shared Budweiser & made love on your itsy-bitsy bed


You & I, just yesterday we met

You & I, our tears yet to shed

You & I, our blood yet to bled

You & I, our dreams yet to blend

You & I, our hearts yet to melt

You & I, our story yet to sketch


You & I, who are we to each other?

You & I, where are we headed next?

You & I, are we ready for life’s twisted tests?


You & I  don’t know

You & I might never know

You & I, holding on, walking slow

You & I, feeling each moment’s ebb & flow


You & I, like clouds floating on mountains in Tibet

You & I, like storms speeding on the sharpest bends

You & I, running away from the cities to the wilderness 

You & I, sleeping with birds & trees in tiny tents

You & I making love in our dreams under the starry heavens

You & I, waking up & gazing at the sparkly sun above

You & I, amazed how it took just moments for the night to melt


You & I, free to untie anytime

You & I, free to say goodbye,

You & I, when that moment arrives

You & I, when it’s our time to divide

You & I will somewhere within die


You & I don’t know where we’ll be tomorrow, but

You & I know you’ve found your Joe & I’ve my Ho

As we lay bare, you said, “I like your eyes”

As we lay bare, I knew I’ll miss you the moment we say goodbye 


I don’t know you — we’ve just met, but

I know your soul is knitted from a rare thread

I know this isn’t our story’s final bend


But if life pulls us apart & we never again meet in this life

I will remember you as the tattooed girl who made my heart come alive


But I hope
You & I, our hearts are like meteorites

You & I, our hearts will some day collide

You & I, our souls will intertwine

One day, I’ll be yours & You’ll be mine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are Indians Super Dumb?

Sherlyn Chopra -- Koffee with Karan

Is Oppenheimer Christopher Nolan’s Greatest Film?