Where was Nido Tania on Valentine’s Day


He was dead.

Let’s make few things crystal. This letter is not written in support of North-East community or Nido Tania or North Indians. I’m a Punjabi, born & raised in New Delhi. Frankly my dear, I don’t give a crap about any of them.

And most of all I don’t give 2 hoots about me. The only person I ever loved was my neighbour. She married this bloke, another neighbour. They didn’t even love each other. Now they’ve 2 fugly kids & I’ve a dazzling girlfriend. That’s what I call Karma. But let’s not lose track here. The question is why Nido’s chic is sitting mourning on V Day instead of chilling with him.

He was beaten black & blue & eventually left for the heavens leaving us to play the game of blaming North Indians & young NE community asking for Justice. Boring. Every year we’ve the same drama repeated, different setting & at the end of the day everyone goes home to watch comedy nights with Kapil.

Nido was allegedly killed because his hair didn’t follow the norms. Coz he looked different. Coz the basterds who flogged his ass were racists.

The premise of racism is the notion of ‘Superiority’ on the basis of some shit. Concentrate on the word: Superiority. Superiority, Superiority, Superiority, Superiority, Superiority, Superiority.

The more I say this word, the more baffled I feel. How on earth do the North Indians feel they’re superior to the folks of NE. Oh it kills me, it totally does. I’m rolling on the floor even thinking of it. It is like saying Mother Teresa (I’m so going to hell for saying this) is better than Sunny Leone in bed.

Let’s talk facts & compare an average person from North & NE.

NE girls (or boys) have buttery flawless & hairless skin, shiny straight hair, natural washboard abs, physically fit & athletic body type, composed & laid-back attitude, astonishingly killer dressing sense and most of all they got the thing that is most precious to all Indians (dead or alive): Creamy Fair skin.

As unjustified as the idea of superiority of North Indians is, that’s exactly what they believe. And they’re able to make the lie fly coz they have the numbers, the majority. They’ve the power. Gosh, I love this word: Power.

Abraham Lincoln once said “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

When I was in boarding school in Dehradun, there were about 7-8% of Nepalese students & rest 92% were local Indians. Nepalese were a truly united bunch. This ensured they were never taken for a ride. Even the weakest or the most junior Nepalese student had the protection. I was in 8th grade. I admired the Nepalese unity & thought what ‘pussy’ us Indians were.

And then one day, at almost mid-night I woke up feeling thirsty. Walked out of the dormitory into the corridor to drink water. I heard something. I walked to the stairs & looked down. A bunch of Nepalese boys were beating the crap outta this puny Sardar. They mercilessly kicked him as he lay on the floor. All of them wore steel-toe Caterpillar boots. And then they pushed him down the stairs. Before anyone could see me I scampered back into my bed. I had nightmares that night.

The Sardar boy was later admitted in the school dispensary. He ran away in the middle of the night to his hometown & never came back. He was beaten coz he had raised his voice against the dictatorship of the Nepalese gang.

In future I saw many more such instances where I saw weak or rebels beaten, ostracized or discriminated coz they spoke against the Nepalese.

The ‘United Nepal’ that I loved had now mutated into a clique that was so full of itself that it failed to see the folly in its way. It failed to see that it was doing exactly the thing it hated. It did exactly the thing it was fighting against. It had become self-absorbed piece of shit which only cared for their own, not for what is right. They broke my heart.

If some of you dumbf*&^s still haven’t got the point. Here, I’ll drive it home. Power, out of sheer majority or out of Unity, if goes into your head, will always result in racism.

Racism results in hallucinations like the North is better than NE. Like NE people are outsiders who are ‘Indians by Accident’. That it is perfectly fine to call them ‘Chinki’. That is it acceptable to call NE girls ‘easy’ or ‘available’. That it is funny to laugh at Nido’s hairstyle coz you’ve no style sense. That it is the right thing to do to beat the living daylights out of the lad & leave him for dead. That it is Ok to not show an ounce of regret, shame or remorse for the heinous crime you’ve committed.

And to you all NE folks, wake up from your stupor & see the things that you’re f&*^ing up. Start with little things like not having pre-conceived notion that every North Indian male is a basterd, even if most are. May be perhaps not call Northies ‘Dhoti’. Only Gandhi wore Dhoti. Not criticize the NE girls who marry or go out with Northies. And say things like ‘Now we aren’t good enough for you, huh’. May be stop asking for 'Inner Line Permit' in Meghalaya & Manipur to keep the outsiders from entering your territory. May be fight against the deaths of Vikas Nandwal & Vidya Chokhani in Shillong coz they were non-tribals. May be start by saying ‘I love you even if you aren't my own’. I know it is difficult, almost impossible but it is the only way to ensure no more Nido Tanias get beaten to death. We’ve to make a start somewhere.

I gotta run now, getting late for a belated Valentine date with my dazzling girlfriend. And hey, did I tell you she’s from NE. Magically, she never thought I’m a basterd & I never thought she was an outsider. We two have made a start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are Indians Super Dumb?

Sherlyn Chopra -- Koffee with Karan

Is Oppenheimer Christopher Nolan’s Greatest Film?