Darjeeling Girl



I was always alive, but, to me, that was never good enough
I wanted to rise, to truly fall in love
Fights & mad love, highs & break-ups, I have no regrets
My life changed & became much more since the day we met

I loved painting my life with my darjeeling girl
Changing her name to rain, to borsha, to pearl
I loved watching her make her tresses uncurl
Pulling them straight with the dangerous slip-iron
Straight or curls, she was always prettier than those copy-cat posers
I was so stupid, should’ve knocked her up
Our kids, bratty & bitchy, strutting their stuff
Would have lived like they ruled the world

I meet her in my dreams, flowing fearlessly along my sprinting blood
She’s at peace even as she swims from my head to heel like a flood
One night we are smashing & make love in synchronized dreams
Next night we’re crashing, our love blown away by tsunami
All these monster cities destroying the soul of our love
Love’s an outcast, lost & torn in these barren suburbs

I don’t know if I will make it till tomorrow
I want to do it all now & leave the earth without sorrows
With her, I wanna pack a rucksack, run away from the city’s maddening din
Forge new names, get on a jet plane, sedate the pilot & hijack the damn thing
Take it to magical shores where the trees dance & fireflies sing

Transcend all human boundaries
Abandon the shoes, liberate the feet
Hit the grass & twerk to the wildest beats
Piggyback her to the beach, fly kites over the bluest seas
And watch ‘em disappear into the mystical galaxies
Storm into the streets, caressing, embracing the sweetest rain
Dash through the woollen clouds & pelting hail
Walk on the rivers, hang off the trees
Climb up the mountains, share cocktails with the fairies
Do countless shots of Bailey’s Irish cream
Hide in the caves & smoke the finest Malana cream
Jump into the waters of the fiercest waterfalls
Die & resurrect like jesus in each other’s arms
Forget what’s real & what’s a dream - forget the fears & forget to sleep
Run with her, break earth’s doors & make love endlessly
Wrap my arms & lips along hers & kiss like cheeky ducks on a frosted lake
Kiss her so long that the cake catches fire which we had left in the oven to bake
Hop on the galloping horse with her & carry on our wanderlust
Of all the books, Batman, Nolan, Salinger, my love for her comes first

Sit next to her when she’s under the weather
Make her tea & her favorite veggies & serve ‘em with smiling flowers
Run my hands through her hair
Watch soccer & tell her about the greatest players
Sell my books to wannabe sapiosexuals
Let the royalties fill my pockets with millions
 Put that dough to use on a pair of silicone implants
And get that elusive house for her aunt

Love doesn’t tell you when it starts
Love doesn’t tell you when it departs
Love is a lot like the brilliant sun;
It disappears at night but never abandons
I know I have felt her moving along my blood
All the hurt, that’s deep in us, is surely all worth
I know I want her now & I want her in our next birth on this hellish earth
I imagine the butterfly effect; imagine our lives where we never meet
I think of that & my heart stops to beat
I meet girls & then I don’t know what to say to them after the second date
I know she’s the one, perhaps I’m saying this all too late

Greatest days will melt & the cruellest nights will disappear
One day, we’ll be gone & no one will even care
But nothing, not even time will erase the dreams we played
The letters, our photographs & the love we made
I walk into my room, glance at the walls filled with her photographs
They’re also plastered on the walls of my heart
I touch my body & read the stories we’ve sketched
No one but I can see them, veiled they’re protected from theft
Million love stories later into the history when the world has erased us from its diaries
We’ll still float unbroken in the misty cold skies along the sweet honey bees

Till we’ve picked our last breath
Till we’re ready to be hitched by death
Till we can no longer get off the bed
Till we’re one, till we’re alive, not dead
If life lets me choose someone to be by my side when I’m almost done
I’ll pick my darjeeling girl over all else in the imaginary & real world

---

If you become great I won’t give a damn
If you fail terribly I won’t give a damn
Old, married, fat, weird, even if you start eating strawberry jam & weigh 1987 kilograms
About you, Parul, I will always give a damn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are Indians Super Dumb?

Sherlyn Chopra -- Koffee with Karan

Is Oppenheimer Christopher Nolan’s Greatest Film?