I Fell for my Wrong Girl


I knew I shouldn’t be with her from the start
Tried knocking sense into my stupid heart
Didn't want to fall for her, she didn’t want to fall for me
That's not how it was written for ‘M’ & me

She likes wearing boys' t-shirt
And has the most amazing butt
Loves my beard, asks me to let it grow
Gives a big hug when I show up at her door
I pestered her to quit the damn cigarettes
Tripping few times, finally she put them to rest

She walks real fast & loves pot
Thinks my new hair makes me look hot
Taught me how to smoke my first joint
Told me not to do it if I didn't see any point
I would be mean & call her flat chested
To which she vociferously protested

Sent me a clip where she's dancing like a bird
Taylor Swift has hair like her
She's prettier than Miranda Kerr
I wrote her letters in love's ink
Her favorite color is grey not pink
We call each other with different names
She sings like a dream, she claims
Clicks & sends me pictures when she wakes
When I'm away she misses me
When we meet she forgets to speak
She comes across calm as Gandhi
I think deep-down she's real crazy

We met too late in the day. Our bad.
She had already promised to marry this lad
I couldn't take her away from him
That's not what love means to me

I fell in love with my wrong girl.
One day she whispered to me let’s make April
April, the daughter we will never have
We will hold on to the moments we can grab
I met her at the wrong time
Then why does it all feel so right
Then why does it all hurt so much
Why do I crave for her real touch
Why does my heart jumps for her
Why can’t I sleep, yet still dream of her
Why did we both want to name our daughter April
Why did she call me with a different name
When she disappears, life will feel so fake
Why do my eyes change color when I speak of her
Why does she move in me, along my blood
Why don’t I want to let her go when she holds me close
Why did she write to me in her sleep those three words everyone lives for
Why did she hold me like it’s supposed to be
May be it’s our destiny, we aren’t meant to be
I will love her, I will pretend I don’t 
But I will be lying so I can live on
I took a chance even when all of me knew she'll soon be gone
If we never met I wouldn’t have known someone like her
Life would've been incomplete without the feelings she stirred
I’m happy I fell in love with my wrong girl
Even if we never made our April
I married her in my heart & made love to her soul
I don’t know why I fell in love with my wrong girl
All I know is I did, and I fell for her like hell
I still want to dance with her in the rain
I don't know how I will live with all this pain
May be I will fall in love again
But my love for ‘M’ will always remain.......
I will never say goodbye. Because that would be a lie.

I will remember her till I’m on the pyre & they set me on fire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are Indians Super Dumb?

Sherlyn Chopra -- Koffee with Karan

Is Oppenheimer Christopher Nolan’s Greatest Film?