Day in Heaven & Hell


I didn’t know Saturday, 18-May-2013 would pan out this way. And that’s what I love about life: the damn unpredictability & utter stupidity.
 
A friend & I were to meet on Sunday. When I texted her early Saturday morning to remind. She hadn’t a clue about our Sunday rendezvous over Daaru.  Here’s the new generation for you: Fickle. ADD ridden & narcissistic.

She forced me to meet on Saturday itself as on Sunday she was scheduled to play waitress to her extended family who were coming self-invited to talk about her imminent wedding. In simpler terms: to be a frickin pain-in-the-ass. 

We met, drank cheap & awesomely flavored (lemongrass & ginger) Vodka. We were happily drunk when we entered this open restaurant: Amici (Italian, I bet).

We ate Salad & a splendid pizza & iced tea with too much ice. We talked up this bloke sitting next to us. It was rather not easy to make out which country he belonged to. We asked. Bloody Indian like us. We three talked nonsense, and then left separately. I & my friend were still together till I dropped her off at a Metro station. 

Half hour later I joined other buddies. Another Daaru party in the offing. This one was scheduled. Before the Daaru we went around the Malls. I don’t care for Malls. They smell snobbish. Finally one of my two friends recommended going to some darn English Toy shop. It was the biggest toy shop ever. We clicked & clicked & none of the basterds who work there objected. Miraculous. 

Later we ventured to my friend’s place. Collected copious amounts of alcohol. Whisky, Vodka & Beer. At first it took few hours to get started on Alco as some morons decided not to (only to later drink more than others) & others including me, were on the phone for hours. I was talking to one of my {still remaining} awesome friend. So I say it was justified. But the other friend who was talking on the phone was talking to her BF who has at least 7 other GFs. Now that was one colossal waste of time. Everyone’s.

This delay resulted in what followed. Everyone started drinking & did they drink. And did I drink. Boy we did. We were trying to make up for lost time. 2 more buddies joined us. We were six now. 

In our drunk state we tried to seduce a beer can to an erection & girls tasted each other. I love lesbianism. It revives my faith in god. Yes that’s the kinda messed up shit we did.

I lifted everyone for a snap. I was feeling like the Hulk. Few minutes later I was sleeping on the kitchen floor. On the same floor I had thrown up moments ago. Eeew.

Sunday, I woke up with a crushing headache. I had missed my movie: The Great Gatsby. I had booked a ticket for 12.25pm. I was too dead to get up. And now it is 9pm Sunday, as I pen this anecdote to immortalize it. I’m still to recover. I’m definitely happy that all of us had an awesome time & anybody getting butt drunk & sleeping in puke in the kitchen is always amusing for others. Some nice soul even fetched me a small pillow. Angel. Though I've no living memory of her.

Earlier today I looked through the snaps we took all over the day. After a certain point my memory fades. I don’t recall lifting any of the bitches & basterds. The most memorable picture is me sleeping like a baby on the kitchen floor smothered in my.....................yuck.

Now I love life & I know this wonderful experience has enriched mine further. I will take few days to recover. But it is totally worth every penny. 

Adios Amigos. Be Drunk. Be Awesome. 

P.S. Today is Sir Alex Ferguson's last match in his incredible 27 year journey with Manchester United. Respect. I bet he's getting drunk tonight. He deserves it. Totally. 

Just in (10.23pm): Would you believe the match between West Bromwich Albion & Manchester United ended in a 5-5 draw. What a rollercoaster of a match. It almost fixed my hangover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are Indians Super Dumb?

Sherlyn Chopra -- Koffee with Karan

Is Oppenheimer Christopher Nolan’s Greatest Film?